scratch from the past

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

stay the same

I never like the idea of traveling during the month of Ramadhan, but I cannot avoid that, so here I am in the city called Soroako, South Sulawesi to visit INCO, the biggest nickel mining company in Indonesia. It’s been a long time I never been there, nothing’s changed except there was an always delay direct private plane to be here now.

I stayed in the hotel or-whatever-it-called-was. Sure they provided a big screen TV plus a DVD player, but with the electricity which droped every half hour so in a flash you will forget the idea to watch it. Hmmm there’s also an aparatus [I learn this vocab from my girl] but with no telephone line, and oh I forget, there’s a hot-cold water facility in the bathroom but yeah again you’re right, it does’nt work.

Thanks God they still can serve an early-in-the-morning breakfast for my sahur otherwise I’ll be in a deep deep trouble.

The situation was getting worst, look what they've done to me and my director. The suit is definitely for a giant, I feel like an astronaut on the way to the Mars :).



After an intensive meeting and to and fro checking their conveyor belts condition under the sting of the sun, we went to Lake Matano and take some pictures to killed a time waiting for Maghrib [in my home town it was called ‘ngabuburit’].



But we enjoyed it, and overall the city was OK. Anyway it’s always fun to saw again the city you’d seen long time ago, and just like Arnold said “I’ll be buk”

soroako
oct 19, 2005
joeffry

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home